Thanks for listening to me ramble on about stuff at Travel Massive in Manchester.
Here’s the quick answer to the question I was asked before the event …
What does it take to go from copywriter to content marketer?
- An understanding of what a real copywriter brings to the table, that a ‘vendor’ doesn’t
- An understanding of what’s needed in order to become a real copywriter
- An understanding of the need for authentic content
- An understanding of what the great copywriters have done before
- An understanding of empathy and its power in all relationships (not just with the customer)
- An understanding of the bigger picture – beyond writing the copy itself
- An understanding of who else you may need on-board to execute a world-class idea
- An understanding of the primary goal in any campaign (sales)
- An understanding of the need to measure results and adapt the campaign
It goes even deeper than this. And that’s what the Content Cavern’s here for.
Paul and I will be scuba-diving into this stuff throughout 2015. If you join using the form with our big red button, you can enjoy the journey with us from the very beginning.
By the way, if you didn’t grab a handout at the event, here’s the pdf version:
And here’s a quick video if you didn’t make it on the night:
Thanks again – see you soon,
Image source: Husond, via Wiki Commons, (with filter added and text overlay)